- Modeling and Molecular Dynamics simulations of atomistic processes
- Microscopic study of sliding friction and confined systems under shear
- Nanomanipulation, dynamics and diffusion of nano-objects (clusters, molecular motors,…) on surfaces
- Tribology of colloidal systems and granular media
- Pattern formation, solitons and energy localization phenomena in complex multi-scale systems
- Nonlinear dynamical systems and Hamiltonian maps
2012-present Research staff member, DEMOCRITOS Center, CNR-IOM Institute, Trieste, Italy.
2009-2012 Research Contract, International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), Trieste, Italy.
2008-2009 fixed-term CNR-INFM Researcher, CNR-INFM S3 National Research Center, Modena, Italy.
2004-2008 Research Contract, INFM–S3 Center & Department of Physics, Modena, Italy.
2004 Research Contract, INFM & International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), Trieste, Italy.
2002-2004 fixed-term INFM Researcher, Department of Physics, Modena, Italy.
2001-2002 INFM Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Department of Physics, Modena, Italy.
1999-2000 Staff Research Assistant, Center for Non-Linear Studies, Los Alamos Nat. Lab., Los Alamos, USA.
2001 Ph.D. in Physics, University of Bologna, Italy.
1996 Degree in Physics (cum laude), University of Modena, Italy.
Link to publication list