Research group: Nanostructured materials and computational catalysis
- Computational materials science for energy conversion and storage
- Heterogeneous catalysis and chemical reactivity of metal and oxides surfaces and nanostructures
- Organic and metal-organic molecular assemblies at surfaces
- Physics and chemistry of graphene
- Computational spectroscopy
2008-present Research staff member, DEMOCRITOS Center, CNR-IOM Institute, Trieste, Italy;
2005-present Head of the theory group, ELETTRA synchrotron facility, Trieste, Italy;
2004-2008 Tenure-track researcher, DEMOCRITOS Simulation Center, INFM and CNR;
2003-2004 Postdoctoral research fellow, INFM-CNR DEMOCRITOS, Trieste, Italy;
2000-2002 Postdoctoral research fellow, Max-Planck-Institut für Metallforschung, Stuttgart, DE.
2000 Ph.D. in Physics, Queen's University of Belfast, UK (Supervisor: Prof. M. W. Finnis)
1998 Degree in Materials science and engineering (cum laude), University of Trieste.
Link to publication list